Good leather out of conviction.
Our knowledge and experience for your success.
Hans Hubert Wallraven
Karl F. G. Sohre is a company that can look back on a long tradition. Its origins reach into the 60s of the 19th century.
Founded in Dresden as leather wholesale suppliers, tanneries in Freital and Ostritz later belonged to the company which ranked among the best-equipped leather manufacturing factories before the Second World War.
After the turmoil of war, only the branch in Cologne remained which was continued as a leather wholesale supplier.
- Sohre was taken over by the Krekelberg family who, to this date, has counted among the most important suppliers with their vegetable tannery.
- Initial start-up of the first perforating machine
- Initial start-up of the CNC cutting machine
- Management take-over by Normen Krekelberg
- Production is switched to contract manufacturers in Germany
- Takeover of the machine park of Gerberei Krekelberg (Krekelberg Tannery)
- The leather range of Gerberei Krekelberg is continued
- Takeover of Esser & Wackers; the complete range of goods is continued